Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Far Side - Beam Visibility

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JFN_KSH
658 Views, 4 Replies

Far Side - Beam Visibility

in my section I don't see the beam on the far side (see attach images). Any idea so that i can see them?

Delete me.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: JFN_KSH

It's hard to say without looking at the model.

You have an image where the beams are shown (the end-on representations, I am assuming.)

What is different about the two views?

There are so many possibilities.  Here is a post which gives a list of things to start with:

http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/441-cant-see-view-heres-33-reasons-maybe-why.html

Joe

Message 3 of 5
JFN_KSH

On the view that you can see the beams, the section is actually cutting through them. The other view is looking at the structural members (like a projection - not cutting through them). When the view is set at medium or fine i can see the members (see image). As soon as i put the view to coarse they all disapears...

Delete me3.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Joe.Charpentier

This is a result of  settings in the family.  To correct this, do the following:

-Select the beam family, and open it for edit

-In the Project Browser, expand the Views tree so you can see all the elevation views

-Find one of the views where you can see the end of the beam

-In the end view, you can find 3 Lines ("Detail Lines" or "Stick Symbols").  Select them.

-In the Properties Palette, Click on the "Edit" button next to "Visibility/Graphics Overrides".

In the resulting dialog (Family element visibility settings), make sure "Show only if Instance is Cut” is unchecked. Press OK.

Load the family back into the project, and you should get the behavior you are looking for.

Joe

Message 5 of 5
JFN_KSH
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Thats exactly it! Thanks for the answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report