Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from Revit Structure to STAAD Pro

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
khinpyaythu
8124 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting from Revit Structure to STAAD Pro

I would like to know what are the ways to export a model from Revit Structure to STAAD Pro. I have tried using ISM and SI Xchange. Please advise if there's any other methods. 

ISM didn't work for me. I created repository from Revit(two storey simple12mx6m RC structure), even running 22hr is not enought to create repository. Is it usually take that long? or I am just doing the wrong way.

Any advice and suggestion are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

ISM is currently Bentley's preferred transfer format. But you'll probably have better luck asking in their forums, as they're the ones who write the translator (not Autodesk). Be sure you're up to date and patched with all elements of the transfer...Revit, ISM, STAAD. And 22 hours is far too long -- most of the repositories I create take a few minutes at most. 

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 6
Archimedes314
in reply to: khinpyaythu

STAAD.Pro, Ugh!  there's your problem... Smiley Happy  Each software developer creates there own exchange program, but the time your talking about is not right.  Try only exporting a smaller portion of the overall model to see if you can identify the problem quicker.   Otherwise, consider switching to RISA 3D!  I've had great success with multiple round tripping from REVIT to RISA and back.

Message 4 of 6
Tsu.Jim
in reply to: khinpyaythu

Hi,

I know is and old post but you can use this

http://structuralintegrators.com/products/si_xchange.php

Message 5 of 6
kkgemini1
in reply to: Tsu.Jim

The version available for SI xcange worked till 2014. What is available for Revit 2018 and more.

We found ISM but it need two more software to use  and it cost.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Tsu.Jim
in reply to: kkgemini1

Hi kkgemini1 if you don not want to spend money you can also use IFC from Revit to Staad, is not the best compatibility because is a indepent file but you can find this useful!

https://communities.bentley.com/products/ram-staad/w/structural_analysis_and_design__wiki/14559/ism-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report