Revit Structure

rrijswijk
Message 1 of 4 (199 Views)

Exported hatches are called FP_* in AutoCAD

199 Views, 3 Replies
01-24-2013 06:45 AM

I created some Custom Fill Patterns by importing the different pat files into Revit. Works great. At the export pattern mapping I use a similar PAT file to generate a good DWG file. However, for some reason the hatches in AutoCAD are called FP_* (asterisk is a number starting with 1). I checked the AutoCAD options, and the path to the pattern files is correct. How can I generate a DWG with the correct hatch names (instead of FP_1)...

rrijswijk
Message 2 of 4 (191 Views)

Re: Exported hatches are called FP_* in AutoCAD

01-25-2013 01:06 AM in reply to: rrijswijk

I had a Revit project that works fine. By using Transfer Project Standards (DWG Export settings) I was able to transfer the right export settings. Now, the correct names are shown in AutoCAD as Hatch patterns. 

Unfortunately, I do not know what went wrong still.

===Edit===

Further researched it. The fill pattern that I exported now, was a simple Revit one. Not a real CUSTOM pattern. So, Revit translates the pat-file to possible Revit fill patterns. If that not succeeds, it will use the custom pattern setting. However, that is not working properly

Employee
Joe.Charpentier
Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)

01-28-2013 05:19 AM in reply to: rrijswijk

Thanks for providing an update.  I'm sure your post will help someone in the future!

Regards,

joe

rrijswijk
Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)

01-28-2013 05:34 AM in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

It took me a long time, to find out how this works

When will this be fixed? 

Gr. Renzo

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube