Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exported hatches are called FP_* in AutoCAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rrijswijk
2184 Views, 3 Replies

Exported hatches are called FP_* in AutoCAD

I created some Custom Fill Patterns by importing the different pat files into Revit. Works great. At the export pattern mapping I use a similar PAT file to generate a good DWG file. However, for some reason the hatches in AutoCAD are called FP_* (asterisk is a number starting with 1). I checked the AutoCAD options, and the path to the pattern files is correct. How can I generate a DWG with the correct hatch names (instead of FP_1)...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rrijswijk
in reply to: rrijswijk

I had a Revit project that works fine. By using Transfer Project Standards (DWG Export settings) I was able to transfer the right export settings. Now, the correct names are shown in AutoCAD as Hatch patterns. 

Unfortunately, I do not know what went wrong still.

===Edit===

Further researched it. The fill pattern that I exported now, was a simple Revit one. Not a real CUSTOM pattern. So, Revit translates the pat-file to possible Revit fill patterns. If that not succeeds, it will use the custom pattern setting. However, that is not working properly

Message 3 of 4
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: rrijswijk

Thanks for providing an update.  I'm sure your post will help someone in the future!

Regards,

joe

Message 4 of 4
rrijswijk
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

It took me a long time, to find out how this works

When will this be fixed? 

Gr. Renzo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report