Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to dwg - column hatches

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
fontanajeff
5872 Views, 10 Replies

Export to dwg - column hatches

Is there a way to export column hatches on a different layer than the column itself?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
AJA14
in reply to: fontanajeff

As far as I know, No you can't. Any other inputs would be appreciated. I believe this should be addressed for future releases.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 11
fatet

Yes there is a way. We had the same issue in my company. You have to open export\options\export setups dwg/dxf  in revit main menu. There you have the projection and cut settings for all element types. There you have to add a layer modifier to the intresting element. For columns for example that would be for structural columns (cut or/and projection), there is a seperate column for that. You have to modifie the material modifier first. You will find it at the bottom of the list. thereyou can change the layer for whatever other you have defined. That will couse the hatch in columns to appear on a different layer than the column itself. It won't work if revit exports columns as block.... still working on that issue.

Hope i helped

Message 4 of 11
elina.hyvamaki
in reply to: fatet

I'm interested to hear more about this. I tried to find the material modifier you were talking about, but didn't. Could you attach a screen shot?

Message 5 of 11
fatet

Here is a screenshot of what you are looking for.

screen.png

Message 6 of 11
elina.hyvamaki

It seems, that in Revit Structure the modifiers are different from ones in Revit Architecture. In Revit Architecture I only found one named "Material for Model Behavior". Thanks for the screen shot!

Message 7 of 11
Leader_Mohamed

hi, can you explain more?
I can't find that thing called " structural material type".not..PNG

Message 8 of 11
fatet

From that screenshot i can see you'r not using Revit Structure but Revit Architecture or MEP, am I right? In that case the thing you are looking for is probobly the one you've marked up. You just set a material's (or all of them if you want) color ID to the one you want and apply this modifier to a specific element type. For that you need to select this modifier from the drop down list that will appear in the 'Layer modifier' column after clicking on the chosen cell. You also have to remember that after adding this modifier you have to move it up to top if you want it to work as primary (like in the window below).

Capture.JPG

Try a bit with different modifiers to get the hang of it.

I hope that explains it.

cheers

Message 9 of 11
elina.hyvamaki

Revit does export structural columns as blocks, and I haven't found a way to change that...

Message 10 of 11
Zhanhao

I did this by just changing the column projection layer name to something else, and change the colour ID. It does not make too much sence, but does work.

002.jpg001.jpg

Message 11 of 11
Bcimete
in reply to: Zhanhao

Yes, this way works Thanks..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report