Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWG - text formatting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DParkRMAK
764 Views, 4 Replies

Export to DWG - text formatting

When I export from Revit to DWG I need to change the text style to our default style. When I do this, all the text gets these oversized mtext width boxes. Why does it do this and how can I make it stop?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am not sure, I fully understood the issue.

1) are you talking about annotation scale boxes

2) is it possible to send a sample of you Revit file and the dwg file to compare it or/and

Is it possible to send a print screen of the issue before (Revit) and After (DWG) 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 5

I don't know what it is called. When you edit M-text you can adjust the column size when you click in the text or by dragging the grips. After export the column size is the width of the text. After changing the text style the column width is wider than the drawing. With background masks on the entire drawing is covered.

I had to set the font export a specific way to get it to work better but it is still kind of unpredictable. There is still too much tinkering with the annotative scales. They don't seem to adjust the way they should. I sometimes have to toggle the viewport scale to get it to kick in even with the annotive scales set properly.

I tried attaching a screenshot but it is too large and I don't feel like messing around with it anymore today.

Message 4 of 5
DParkRMAK
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Here is the screenshot showing the text boxes 10 times wider than they should be after converting.

Message 5 of 5

Since I can't reproduce the issue, I would like to have both samples. If you could attach a revit file with the only a text and also the dwg exported file. Maybe there is a variable in Autocad need to be change. 

In the meantime you could select all the mtext  and change the width of the text from properties or use draworder.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report