Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element highlighting problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sreeves
705 Views, 2 Replies

Element highlighting problems

I have a revit file linked to my model.  If I click on the linked file the entire linked view turns into a solid color that completely hides my model elements.  I am using revit structure 2012.  Can someone tell me how to set my computer so only edges highlight, not the entire object?

Thank you

Sue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgilbertFBRA1
in reply to: sreeves

The link is one object/element in Revit.  So when you click on it, which selects it, the object highlights.  There is no tool to allow for individual selection. Press ESCAPE key to unselect.  If you use the TAB key on the keyboard, press and release it as you hover over elements, you can highlight separate elements, then single mouse click to select them.

With regards to link display when selected, these may help too.

Press VV on the keyboard, then go to the Revit Links Tab, check Halftone, if using 2012, also check underlay.  This should make the link display less pronounced when selected.

Toggling the Visual Style from Hidden Line to Wireframe is another option from the View Control Bar at the bottom left corner of the screen.

Message 3 of 3
sreeves
in reply to: sreeves

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.  Modeling life is much better now.

Sue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report