Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element copy problem??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
977 Views, 4 Replies

Element copy problem??

Help!! When i copy elements from an architectural model into my structural model sometimes some elements will not show in my model. This happens with walls and floors and sometimes column. The elements will not show up but if i try and copy them again Revit tells me that element has already been copied you must stop monitoring first... well if you can not see or select an element you can not stop monitoring on it! I have messed with disciplines and visibilty setting and i can not understand this. I will have 2 walls both the same family and one will show and one will not. in my latest project i even have a few walls that wont let me select them to copy at all. Anybody know what to do???????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just had this problem recently when I tried to set as "copy original type" every single arch's wall type . I think it's because of some uncommon wall type. I fixed it by setting options in copy/monitor tab. Set "Don't copy this type" to every unwanted wall. With the wall that I want to copy, I can either create a similar type or "Copy original type".

Problem when ""Copy original type" is, revit may create new type for each single instances. So I prefer to make a type myself.

Hope this can solve your problem

See my attached photo for detail

1-Fullscreen capture 23042013 13231 PM.jpg.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I cant see how this applies (which i already do this anyways because i will have 2 walls that are the exact same family/family type and everything and one will show and one will not. I went into the architects model to see if maybe one was set as structural and a bearing wall and the other was not but they both have the same settings.. the only difference would be its constraints are set differently. I have the exact same levels also as the architects because i copied those also so i dont think it has to do with maybe the wall not having a "constraint" to attach to... my disciplines are set to coordinate (which i have messed with these also to make sure).. i have checked hidden elements to make sure for some reason they were hiding... i am at a loss with this..

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have same problem :D. But then I found out that what I saw in one wall was analytical model of it.

One wall with "Enable Analytical Model" option ticked. The other have not. Maybe this is the problem you have too

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

nope checked that also to see if they were different and they werent. ANOTHER thing that happened is that when i went in and copied interior walls that were attached to these "disappearing walls"  (which i originally wasnt going to do) all of the sudden the wall appeared!! and then for the walls i still couldnt get to show up i actually copied from in the architects model and pasted it into my model.. well the wall that i couldnt see all the sudden shows up so i had to delete the newly copied and pasted wall... THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE! lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report