Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw order in revit

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Benaper
35485 Views, 19 Replies

Draw order in revit

I have problem with link CAD in revit, every time i update the link CAD in plan view.

My structural object in revit can not be shown properly, because of updated Link CAD layer.

Did revit has draw order (Bring to front or send to back) like autoCAD did??

Thanks,

Ben 

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Barryfisher
in reply to: Benaper

Hi Ben

The answer to your question is no, i've spent some time trying to resolve the same issue and after posing a similar question on this forum and speaking to our reseller support team i still haven't resolved it. One thing you can try is change the link to half tone as that sometimes helps a little. This i agree is quite annoying..

Good Luck

Cheers Barry

Message 3 of 20
Benaper

Hai Friends,

Thx for info, also i don't need to try again.

Message 4 of 20
KSI_Thor

Have you tried changing the properties from "foreground" to "background" when selecting the CAD file in the view?

Message 5 of 20
Benaper

Good idea, but it still can't.

I rather to use hidden than wireframe in visual style to bringt element to front.

Thanks

Message 6 of 20
benny

If i see Tutorial in subscription, i saw that is possible to get arrange tool  : bring to front / send to back.

How can i get that tool , by RMC cad layer?

Thanks,

Message 7 of 20
hyppoh
in reply to: benny

What works for me is not usign the draw order, but rather to make the CAD link transparent.  Here is the process I used.

Right click on CAD link in your plan > override graphics in view > element > check on  the Transparent box > then ok

See if it works for you.

Message 8 of 20
Benaper

Yess, Super.

Thanks Hyppo.

Message 9 of 20
kirbybeegles4894

I've tried doing this but got the exact same results.  Is it something to do with making the CAD link halftone?

Message 10 of 20
gopal567.live

Hi Ben,
There is a option you can try.When you are linking the cad file there will a opotion "visible in current view" don't tick the check box and link.After that you will get a optuon bar to draw order the linked cad front or back option.
Message 11 of 20
twebb4CYQY
in reply to: gopal567.live

Select your CAD link.  And in the properites dialogue box you can change the DRAW LAYER to background.

Message 12 of 20
george.haddad
in reply to: twebb4CYQY

it is called underlay in visibility view under revit link once you select it the revit link go beyond your plan

Message 13 of 20

@gopal567.live hello, omg, after 4 years +++ you answered his question? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 14 of 20

My pleasure
Message 15 of 20
oana.iln

Hi Ben,

I know this is a super old post, and you've probably found your answer by now. It might be useful to someone though.

There is a draw order button (i'm on revit 2016) - if you select your link (you need to do it as a whole, cannot separate the layers if the CAD is still linked, only if you attach it I believe). Select the CAD, and from the "modify" tab click on "bring to front" or "send to back". There's a drop down menu (send backward or bring forward) See print screen 1, below. However, you might need the "draw layer" from the properties, which has a "foreground" or "background" option (second print screen below. I hope this helps.

print screen 1.PNG

print screen 2.PNG

Message 16 of 20
PrathapSekar

Hi @Benaper

Have you tried with the option (current view only) as illustrated below,

2018-03-14_10h24_08.png 

Thank You! and please 'Accept As Solution' when you found a solution, to help others.
Message 17 of 20
amy.ko
in reply to: PrathapSekar

This link was really helpful to me to switch the order of two stacked views. It can be two or multiple floor plans, switching two perspective 3D views, etc.

http://de0qmbqba3hfm.cloudfront.net/attachments/44545/1

Message 18 of 20
burakperi
in reply to: george.haddad

Thanks,

This works well.   

visibility graphics/ revit links / select a link and check underlay. 

Message 19 of 20
Footrot

Hi All,

I know this is an old post but I was looking for a solution myself and came up with; if you have some CAD links in your model a cheat may be to change the vertical elevation of the links. Traditionally you will only be using CAD links as underlays on plan views. So why not arrange them with a vertical elevation (where possible) in the draw order you want? So everything at elevation of zero for background info and then elevation of 1m above for the stuff you want over it. Then keep working your way up. Obviously if you are using 3D items then this will impact elevation of any lines you pick.  You control the elevation via the "base offset" in the properties box for the linked cad.

Footrot_0-1644202086164.png

Life would be dull without a picture or drawing!
Message 20 of 20
jhamiltonCMTA

Make sure your CAD drawing is flattened (flatten command).  This may be what caused it to previously work but not after an update.  When you link the CAD (without the current view only checked) the CAD entities come in at their own height so a line above the Revit object will cover it.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report