Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Member Cuts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TrevN
717 Views, 3 Replies

Disable Member Cuts?

So, new to Revit and this is doing my nut!

I have two vertical members at a distance apart. I then add a horizontal member at the base of these vertical members and everytime the end points of the horizontal member snap back a distance from the vertical end points.

Is there a setting or way to stop this happening?

Ta

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: TrevN

If I am understanding your question, I believe you are referring to the beam cutbacks (visual representation of a gap between adjoining members). In the Manage tab, under Structural Settings, there is a tab called "Symbolic Representation Settings." There are some variables you can adjust for member cutbacks. You could set beam cutbacks to 0". If you adjust this setting, your model should update accordingly, so you won't have to go back and adjust your already modeled members. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
conormccartney3897
in reply to: TrevN

Are you trying to show two columns being supported by this beam? First, check the Reference plane of the beam is the same as the Bottom of the Columns and that your not elevating that beam. Second, sometimes it just sticks like that so try adjusting the base of the columns up so the are no longer joined, then back down.
Message 4 of 4
TrevN
in reply to: conormccartney3897

The structural setting didn't help, but good thing to know.

My description was deliberately simple as this happens in several different scenarios. Reference planes at all angles, beams at all angles. It happens when any member end is near another member end. I have been just dragging the ends past each other until they don't snap short anymore then I trim them.

Just seems strange that this should happen, but then the more I use Revit the more strange things become!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report