Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Component Question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TD&H-RLT
774 Views, 5 Replies

Detail Component Question

Hello-
I was hoping maybe someone could help me with a problem I am having.
I'm trying to bring in detail components in Revit Structure 2009. I have a hook anchor bolt in - 3/4". I wanted to place a different size & I have no other sizes. I opened the family & tried loading it into my project - it seemed like it did something but still no other sizes. this is also happening with rebar detail components that I've been trying to put in.
Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?
thanks a bunch.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TD&H-RLT
in reply to: TD&H-RLT

Hi again-

No ideas at all???
Message 3 of 6
dmac7

Did you load the family from the detail component floder that was supplied with revit? If so then do this, right click on the anchor bolt and click on element properties. in the element properties dialogue box click the down arrow next to type. all of the available sizes should be in there.
Message 4 of 6
TD&H-RLT

Hello-

Thanks for answering. Yes, I did load the family from the detail component library that came with Revit. When I do the element properties like you said - there is still only the one size. I've noticed this with both the bolts & some of the rebar & I have no idea why.
Message 5 of 6
vlassov2000

Create a separate Family Type for each size inside the Detail Component family, setting the bolt diameter accordingly within every Family Type.
Message 6 of 6
TD&H-RLT

This is a detail component that came with Revit and there are already separate family types in the family - they are just not coming in when I load it into my project and I have no idea why.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report