Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/paste schedules between assmblies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Priitl220
671 Views, 2 Replies

Copy/paste schedules between assmblies

I would like to use assemblies, but I need to create schedule from scratch in every assembly. We can copy schedules from one project to another. Why cannot we copy schedules from one assembly to another?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Priitl220

Yes, this is very bad. Assembly schedule function is just a waste of time when you have a huge number of assemblies. The problem should be solved as soon as possible. I'm afraid that right now it is better to create a general schedule grouped by assembly name. You need to check "header" in sorting/grouping and also "blank line" checkboxes so different assemblies will be separated in the schedule. 

Message 3 of 3
ovidiu_paunescu
in reply to: Priitl220

Hello Priitl,

A new feature in Revit 2017 that you can use is Schedule View Templates (Link).

Schedule view templates are view templates that apply to schedules, material take-offs, sheet lists, view lists, note blocks, and views created from an assembly.

Once you have the schedule configured the way you want you can right click in the Project Browser and Create template from view. You can then apply the created template to other schedules or assign it and have it control your schedules. In the latter case, making changes to your template automatically updates all the schedules that have it assigned (just like it works for the other types of views in Revit).

Also when creating assembly views, including schedules, you now have the option to choose your templates directly from the Create Assembly Views window (see image below)

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Ovidiu

CAV.PNG

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report