Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Monitor is puzzling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArthurMacLeod5818
423 Views, 2 Replies

Copy Monitor is puzzling

for the first time I am working with a client who is producing an architectural Revit model. I am trying to use the cross linking method of collaboration. I copy-monitor the walls and two strange things occur. One is the location line set  by the architect as face of finish reverets to center of wall when I copy it. Is this usual? The last setting for location lines before I copy is face of finish in my file. Second, some of my wall intersections would not cleanup. I figured out that I had to reset (wall) profile to get them to clean up. I checked the architects drawing and he didn't alter any of his walls with profile linework. He did use attach to roof in some instances. Is this usual behavior for Revit using copy monitor?.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lzaras1
in reply to: ArthurMacLeod5818

for the reasons you mentioned (Copy/Monitor on walls has worked that way for as long as C/M has been around) we do not use C/M on walls.

The only thing we use C/M for is Grids (if we didn't create them) and Levels.  If we (Structural) create the grids, then the Architect C/M's ours after our DD package is submitted.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 3
AJA14
in reply to: lzaras1

The workaround suggested by Autodesk for the time being is this:
Don't duplicate the walls using C/M feature. Instead, manually draw the structural wall and then use Align to the Location Line of the linked .rvt wall. Once done, you can “Monitor” only feature. By doing so, Revit will remember the offset distance between the center lines of manually drawn walls and the linked wall. it is a pain to have to do it on each pair of walls.

To read more please go to:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User%27s_Guide/2214-Collabor2214/2357-Multi-D...

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report