Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Revit 2014 files to Revit 2012 files without Revit 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
derryck
1335 Views, 3 Replies

Convert Revit 2014 files to Revit 2012 files without Revit 2014

Hello

With Trueview, one can convert between years of .dwg files. How can one convert .rvt files?

If it is not possible, can somebody please convert the attached file to Revit 2012? <= NOW REALISED I CAN'T ATTACH IT:( Because its 30MB 😞

Kind regards

Derryck

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gregamhale
in reply to: derryck

There is no direct conversion of Revit files to older versions.  Your closest bet is probably going to be to export to IFC form Revit 2014 and then import that into Revit 2012.  That will only convert 3D Geometry though.  Otherwise, your next option is to convert the sheets to AutoCAD and reimport the sheets.  You can download a free trial of Revit 2014 if you don't have it.

Message 3 of 4
drp281
in reply to: gregamhale

Revit isn't Autocad

so don't compare a .dwg file format to a .rvt file format

Message 4 of 4
kevms
in reply to: drp281

Learning from a situation where I almost got caught in redoing my project in an older version of revit (the client decided to update their version), my suggestion is that before you start your next project, check with your client to see what version they are working with. if they are working with a newer version, check to see if they have an older version still loaded on one of their workstations and ask them to do the project in that version, other wise you will have to update to the newer version. If you have a subscription, you can download the newer version.

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report