Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete wall / column clean-up issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
haydenwse
2482 Views, 3 Replies

Concrete wall / column clean-up issue

I have an Insluated Concrete Form (ICF) project that has concrete pilasters that inturupt the wall.  The automatic cleanup cuts the volume of the wall out of the column but I need it to trim back the wall (or at least the foam portion of the walls) and leave the column.  I have attached two view, one showing the walls and the other with the walls hidden. 

I have tried it with the foam inside and outside of the core but that doesn't change anything.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: haydenwse

As you have seen, the default behavior for Revit is for Structural Walls to cut Structural Columns that have the "Material for Model Behavior" as "Concrete" in the family.

There are two possible ways to avoid this, both of which you could use in this case.

The first is to constrain the walls to the face of the columns- simply drag the ends of the walls to the face of the column, or use the align tool.

The second is only possible in r2014 or newer.  You can use the “Switch Join Order” tool to make the column cut the walls.  The tool is available on the Modify Tab.

(“Modify” Tab>”Geometry” Panel>”Join” Dropdown>“Switch Join Order”)

Joe

Message 3 of 4
haydenwse
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

That worked.  Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Base12
in reply to: haydenwse

I have a similar condition:  my wall is concrete with an architectural brick veneer.  There are concrete pilasters every so often that connect to the concrete face, and interrupt the brick.  Upon placing the pilasters, the brick veneer prevails and runs through the pilaster... when I switch the join order, the pilaster prevails and interrupts the brick the way it should be BUT all of the wall fill patterns (and the lines that separate the materials) disappear for that wall segment!!  I can change the join order back, and the fill patterns and lines come back but then pilaster is wrong.   It happens on perhaps half of the walls in the project.  The drawings are near completion and we only discovered this display glitch recently.  Redrawing the offending walls means that dimensions and sections through those walls will also need to be redone which is not really an option at this point.  Has anyone seen and/or and solved this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report