Revit Structure

gertvandermerwe123
Message 1 of 3 (561 Views)

Concrete Columns & Walls

561 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2012 03:51 AM

If one has a concrete column that is cutting through a concrete wall the column does not show correctly it disapears into the wall and only shows the part af the column that is outside the wall but he part of the column that is inside the wall joins with wall. We have been able to manually fix it be unjoining the columns from the walls and changing the view properties which works from time to time but not as good as it should be. My question is there a way to let the columns have priority over the walls and not to let the walls cut through the columns but rather let the columns display unjoined so to speak at all times. At the moment I have given the columns a solid hatch pattern and have tried to let the walls be architectural non-load bearing but I have structural discipline view setting and the walls dissapear when I change it to a architectural wall. Please can anyone help me.

Arnu84
Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: Concrete Columns & Walls

01-24-2012 07:53 AM in reply to: gertvandermerwe123

Hi Gert.

Maby try to attach an example of how it looks...then we can better understand..

Ek neem aan jy is afrikaans...?

Cheers

Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (489 Views)

Re: Concrete Columns & Walls

01-29-2012 02:58 AM in reply to: gertvandermerwe123
Spoiler

Go to styles, display properties , check style overide, other, check component draw order by priority.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube