Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column location mark

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
inmafn
4732 Views, 8 Replies

Column location mark

I have a problem with the column location mark. I have a column that it taking the name of an axis that is close to it but it is not its axis (and specifies the offset), and it doesn't take the name of the axis where it actually is.
I can't change the column location mark manually on properties because it is gray, and it doesn't happen for some other columns but I don't know why.
Can anybody help me, please?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
subhra_civil
in reply to: inmafn

hi,

can you please send me your file?

Thanks,

Subhradeep Sen

India

kolkata

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Its taking the nearest grid intersection, and you only change that by moving the column in question, or by putting in extra grids at the column.
Message 4 of 9
inmafn
in reply to: Anonymous

No, it is on a grid intersection, but the column doesn't take it, but another grid intersection placed 50 cm next to it. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

well that's obnoxious. Okay try this, move the column away from the grid line that it is showing, (so it shows something else completely) then use align tool to get the grid you want.
Message 6 of 9
Joe.Charpentier

If there are two grids close to each other, you should have the option of choosing the grid reference you would like to have the column reference.

Select the column, and in the Properties Palette, the Column Location property should have a dropdown if there is more than one Grid Intersection possible.  (If there is only one intersection this property is read only/grayed out.)

If you don’t want the column to report at the current location, click the dropdown, and choose a different one.

If this isn’t the case, maybe you can post a picture of the situation so we can try other ideas.

Joe

Message 7 of 9
rpasquale

Check that the 3d extents of the column line are at the column, in both plan and elevation.

If they are and you still don't have the right column line callout, try copy/pasting back to same place.

Message 8 of 9
subhra_civil

Hi,

what type of Column do you use?

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 9 of 9
subhra_civil

what do you mean by "Axis"? Is it Grid?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report