Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Schedule of Concrete columns

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
johk02
4797 Views, 16 Replies

Column Schedule of Concrete columns

Is it possible to schedule concrete columns including the reinforcement with starter bars etc?

Thanks

jonas
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
erik_snell
in reply to: johk02

Can you be a little more specific? Maybe attach a sample of what you would like to do.

Thanks,

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17
johk02

Here is another post about the schedule that i post in as well.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=779211#post779211

The schedule doesn't have to look like this but it shows what info I would like to have. The concrete strength doens't have to be there.

Thanks
Jonas
Message 4 of 17
erik_snell

Thanks, could you give me a little more information (BTW I'm a Factory Employee).

1. What country are you working in?
2. Do you include bar lengths or dimensions? or are the individual bars scheduled elsewhere?
3. How do you document column cross section?
4. The bars that extend below the column do they extend into a footing? If so would they not be "hosted" (to use a Revit term) in the footing, since they would need to be poured with the footing?
5. Are the shown laps just a graphical representation or are they actually bent with the "crank"?
6. What is the triangle symbol with the "T2" or "T3" above it?

Thanks in advance...

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 17
johk02

Thank you for showing interest in this. I believe it most be other that are interested in this as well as it is pretty common to have these schedules here in Australia.
I have attached a pdf with the schedule and some details. On the last page I have attached a simpler version of the column schedule that I am more than happy to use.

1. Australia
2. During my time as a draftee here I have never scheduled any bars in regards to length, quantity etc - it is usually a subcontractors that get that job.
3. Please see attached pdf. We usually have a cross section of each column used to show the layout of bars and ligs.
4. Haven't though about it but I would presume so.
5. The cranks are only symbolic/indicative.
6. The T2 etc indicates column transition depending on how the columns are lining up with each other. See page 2 in attached pdf.

Another option to this now in Revit is to tag all the columns and then show them in a Graphical Column Schedule but then also have separate schedule indicating reo size etc.

Thanks you

Jonas
Message 6 of 17
erik_snell

Thank you very much. This type of information is very valuable to us. I've saved this conversation and your PDF. I will add it to the GCS database so we can address these issues.

Once again thanks and keep letting us know how we are doing.

-erik-

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Autodesk Revit

Message 7 of 17
johk02

No problems my pleasure

The way I see it - in the long run I help myself if the program gets improved to help us draftees.

Cheers

Jonas
Message 8 of 17
acantos_arup_uk

Hi Jonas,

Have you done this schedules in Revit Structures or in AutoCAD? By the way I am Allan (Structural CAD Tech.) and new in using Revit Structure. I hope you can help me too.
I do not have any problem if I will do all my works in AutoCAD but my company introduce to me Revit Structure 2008 and they want as much as possible to do all stuff in Revit. I hope you can suggest something..

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Allan
Message 9 of 17
KSI_Thor

We use a very similar column schedule here and I have not been able to automatically generate the information in Revit. It would require us to more time to input all the data into the model. It has been faster for us to just keep the schedule in AutoCAD.
Message 10 of 17
acantos_arup_uk

Hi KSI_Thor,

So you mean you have separate file for schedules done in AutoCAD like the Column Schedules and some Typical Sections?

I find it hard and time consuming for me to provide top and bottom reinforcement using revit and I can't have the same quality as the one I made in AutoCAD.

My boss wants me to do it all in Revit. Is it advisable to do it in Autocad rather in Revit Structure?

Advice please!!!

Thanks in advance.
Message 11 of 17
KSI_Thor

It depends on what you want to achieve. For us, time is the determining factor. We build the model in Revit and extract all the floor plan sheets and building elevations. Our details and schedules are done in AutoCAD. This allows several draftsman with different skill levels to work on one job effectively. You do have the ability to import your details into Revit. I have also done additional reinforcing plans in AutoCAD and referenced them into my plans in Revit so that the actual sheet file is a Revit sheet. You have to decide how it best fits your company. I am not convinced right now that the best way is to do the entire job in Revit.
Message 12 of 17
acantos_arup_uk

Thanks KSI_Thor. I hope to have more information with you as I go along with Revit Structure.

Many many thanks! (",)

Allan
Message 13 of 17
KSI_Thor

I've been using 3D since the early 1990's.
Feel free to contact me with questions or concerns.

Thor
twiggins@ksise.com
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: KSI_Thor

Hi,

My company is using Revit and we are having trouble with the column schedules as well.  I have read your post which was dated 21.08.07 and was wondering if you have been able to get your Revit graphical schedules working.  By that I mean pretty much show all info as per your posted AutoCAD PDF?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as at the moment we are basically manually drawing our column schedules in Revit and would love for them to be automated...

Regards

Callum

Message 15 of 17
JFRICH
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are feeling adventurous, and know anything about shared parameters, you can create column tags for use in Revit's graphical column schedule.  We have one tag family for steel column base plates, and another tag family for concrete column reinforcing.  The concrete schedule is sitll a work in progress, but take a look at these images.  There is some graphical work involved in the tags, because Revit does not allow for linework in the column schedule.  

What we've found is if you can create a tag encompassing all the information you need, then you can work with Revit's poor excuse for a column schedule.  This enables us to do all our work in Revit, we never have to switch back to AutoCAD, and the schedule remains updated with various revisions.

Hope this helps,

Isabella 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: JFRICH

Hi Isabella, Your concrete column looks exactly like what we are trying to achieve with ours. I just have a couple of questions as per the attached. how did you get the headings (size, column reinf type etc) to show up in graphical column schedule? how did you get actual columns to not appear in schedule? how did you get extra fields to show in schedule? Regards Callum
Message 17 of 17
greg_battin
in reply to: JFRICH

I am just echoing what cmcg has asked about making a schedule that looks just like the Concrete Schedule.

We would like to have the text version (shown below from JFRICH posted above) as opposed to the graphical version.

Thanks

~Greg

concrete column schedule.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report