Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot analyse loads on frame

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BenStructural
534 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot analyse loads on frame

Hello,

I have created a simple duopitched portal frame building in Revit 2014, with frames spaced at 6m centres. I am wanting to apply a load to the rafters so that I can export the frame to Robot for structural analysis. Revit will not let me apply a 'host line load' to the sloped rafters. I have followed guidance and applied the load to the workplane, then attached the rafters to the workplane, however when I analyse to Robot, the loads are in the load table but not applied to any members. I cannot select any members as the cells are 'grey-filled' and as such un-editable. I have also tried to model this by making a floor and using area load, but this doesn't work either. Is there a particular method of analysis for 3D frame analysis? Any way I can apply a 'host' load to a sloped rafter?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I have found a solution to the problem. You have to create an analytical view in order to apply loads to members for taking across to Robot Structural Analysis, as 'hosted loads' can only be applied in an analytical view. If model is created in Revit 2014, and not using a structural template like mine was, duplicate a view e.g. the 3D view, go to visibility options (shortcut VV) and uncheck the 'Show Model Categories in this view' tab. Then go to the Analytical Model Categories Tab, tick the 'Show Analytical Model Categories in this view' check box. Then tick all of the analytical options below and the view will be created.

Hope this helps if you are having a similar problem. Though I would have thought applying the load to a member in the workplane in a non-analytical view, as per Autodesk's literature for a sloped frame, would have worked properly for integration with Robot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report