Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Schedules

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
runamok
636 Views, 4 Replies

Beam Schedules

Hello there all,

I've modelled hundreds of beams and now I need to give them a reference (by beam type e.g. RHS100x50 = B1 etc) and turn it into a schedule. I can't for my life figure out how to do it! I can get the beam tags to appear using the 'beam annotations' function but they are not beam references. How do i assign beams a reference number? At the moment I'm just calling them off using text which is very time consuming.

Cheers for any help

Andy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
5kings
in reply to: runamok

Use the revit extensions to mark them. ( Element postioning)

Message 3 of 5
runamok
in reply to: 5kings

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Is there away of creating beam schedules withiout using extensions?

Thanks Andy

Message 4 of 5
VWD-MLM

Hi Andy, I hate to ask, but have you created schedules before?  Without seeing exactly what parmeters you;re wanting to show in the schedule, it's a little difficult to help with steps.  But shcedules, tags and objects all are tied together with Shard Coordinates.  Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 5 of 5
5kings

Without the extensions.... yeah... by schedules.

I guess you want to use the Mark parameter ? Just create a structural framing schedule.... with type parameters and a mark parameter....then you have to add the mark by hand..... or.....find a free tool...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report