Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Creation Challenges

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dan.fisher
336 Views, 2 Replies

Annotation Creation Challenges

Am learing Revit with 2012 version.  I have tried to create a view title that matches our office standards.  That approach has certain limitations so I am trying to make a generic annotation that I can manually apply under views.  I am willing to fill out the labels manually. 

Tried to find a Generic Annotation family,  Decided upon Generic Model Element Tag.  Copied and renamed to "XXX View Title".  Edited this new family to contain some text and graphics.  Loaded this new annotation family into a project and cannot find a means to insert this new annotation onto a sheet.

Can somebody provide guidance as to what family I should clone and how I can insert the annotation onto a sheet?

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ro78
in reply to: dan.fisher

the title sould auto appear when you add a view to a sheet. pls. check.

Revit Structure 2013 user
Message 3 of 3
dan.fisher
in reply to: ro78

Thank you for making an effort to help.  Please note that I had given up on making a View Title and was trying to make a generic annotation that I could manually place under a view. 

I have since tried using the Generic Annotation template to create a title.  I did find that I could insert the new annotation that I created.  I found the annotation under "Symbols" on the ribbon for a sheet.  Am now wrestling with how to make the title length vary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report