Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Reo Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
blewis
968 Views, 8 Replies

3D Reo Problem

I have a question regarding the 3d reinforcement not showing correctly.

When i space my reo out with 'Maximum Spacing' in section the reo shows overlapped as in 'reo 1' attachement.

Obviously looking the other direction the reo is next to each other not overlapping as in 'reo 2' attachement.

Its not the extent of my clipping view and i can only get the reo to show how i want by using 'single' as my spacing option.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
arief.rahman
in reply to: blewis

Hi Ben,

Could you upload your sample file that we can figure it out to investigate ?.

Thanks,

Arief Rahman

Message 3 of 9
Joe.Charpentier

This is a limitation of Revit.

When more than one parallel sets (of multiple rebar) are cut in a section, both are fully drawn.

This means that the rebar sets will not appear to be in front or in back of each other.

Joe

Message 4 of 9
blewis
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Well that is quite frustrating if that's the case.

thanks joe
Message 5 of 9
jachyme

Could you please attach a simple sample of "rvt" file to go into details?

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 6 of 9
blewis
in reply to: jachyme

find attached sample.

Message 7 of 9
jachyme

Hello,

thank you for that sample file.

I am not sure what you would like to get. Probably a symbolic representation of  that reinforcement.

Unfortunatel,y in each view Revit shows the exact model so if your bars are identical and only mirrored they should be placed parallely to each other. Revit allows you to move these bars to be overlaped but the model will be incorrect.

Please give me more details about what should be the final view you need but probably the copy of your slab just to create needed views.

Regards

Ewa Jachym

Ewa Jachym

Message 8 of 9
blewis
in reply to: jachyme

No what i want is for the reinforcement to be shown as it has been modelled.

As you can see from my original post in 'reo 2' attachement the bars are not identical and have been placed parallel to each other. 

You would know this from the sample file i sent you.

Inside the sample file there are two views, CD1 & CD2 they are sections cut in both directions.

I want the reo to show like 'reo 3' attachment, but this only works if the spacing is set to single.

I dont understand why 'maximum spacing' doesnt show the true representation of the model.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
jachyme

Very sorry for my additional questions but I always need to understand the problem deeply.

This problem realy exists in Revit and needs to be investigated, why and are we able to do it better.

For now the only thing I could recommend you is to create section in way you can see in attachement.

I hope it helps

many thanks

Ewa Jachym

Ewa Jachym

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report