Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lzaras1
15988 Views, 2 Replies

2013: Underlay link causing link to turn halftone.

Why?

I am working in a project that we upgraded from 2012 to 2013. In 2012, I had filters set up to show a piece of the Architectural link (a generic model; elevated seating slabs) would show as solid linework in my sections.

Basically,

• I left the overall Halftone of the link as unchecked. But set the link as an underlay.
  • Then, I set the link to Custom and I took every model element in the Architectural link except Generic Models and set them to halftone.
  • Then created filters to grab the specific generic models I wanted on and turned all the others off.
  • Then I created a view template that I could re-use on other, similar sections.

In 2013, the Underlay feature seems to have an additional "feature" that is unwanted. When I set the Architectural link to Underlay, it does send the file under my structural model, but it also makes the underlay HALFTONE! So, I cannot get that piece of generic model to show solid. Why have the additional Halftone checkbox if the Underlay is going to do that anyway?

I also tried with a new 2013 project template, linking the same Architectural model and cutting the same section. When I set the link to underlay, it turns halftone, too! Also, tried changing from Structural to Coordination with no change.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lzaras1
in reply to: lzaras1

UPDATE:
To turn off automatic Halftoning of the Underlay feature, go to
Manage Tab > Settings Panel > Additional Settings pulldown > Halftone / Underlay dialog box
and uncheck the "Apply Halftone" checkbox.
Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 3
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: lzaras1

Thanks for posting the solution, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report