Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will Revit replace Navisworks for BIM solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
369 Views, 4 Replies

will Revit replace Navisworks for BIM solutions?

is it possible for multiple trades to use Revit as the medium for BIM solutions and coordination as opposed to Navisworks? Seems that it is possible for Revit to surpass Navis as the "end user" product. Am I way off or is this the future of Revit and the end of Navis?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk would never let that happen! Why would they sell you one product when currently you have to buy 2, besides REVIT is design & NAVIS is just to integrate all disciplines.

Message 3 of 5
adam.jw

They're two totally different animals.

Navisworks is for bringing in multiple disciplines altogether and displaying and scheduling the data and doing clash detection. It is not really a design tool as much as it is a construction tool. It can be used in design, but frankly I find it a bit overkill to do so save for the very LARGE project.

Revit is a pure design tool per descipline. Including contract documentation and design analysis.

Two different animals.

Thanks for the replies. Revit is a term that has been vocalized more and more as I have no prior experience with the product. Just trying to learn what I need to know about it and how it may affect my future career. For example, My two main staples are Autocad Mep and Navisworks as a whole for all that is needed to complete the BIM process. Revit is another element that has worked its way into our design and drawing efforts. Just needed to know where it fits in with my current software and possible decisions needed to be made in the future as the Revit product evolves just as Autocad and Navis have. Thanks again for the replies.

John St. Clair
Virtual Designer of Plumbing & Piping

The Brandt Companies, LLC
www.brandt-companies.com
jstclair@brandteng.com
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

If you are an engineer move to REVIT, If you are a contractor stay with ACAD MEP. That is my suggestion because REVIT can be a very frustrating program, I am having multiple issues with the speed, or lack there of in the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report