Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

truly revit should be better

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
420 Views, 2 Replies

truly revit should be better

It just isn't user friendly.... they should have built it off of inventor as far as 3d modeling is concerned.  Its very frustrating.... i go to put on a fire damper and it tells me there there is a constraint conflict with something on the other side of the layout... so i delete that duct and and redraw it and put the fire damper on with no issues... why does it do stupid things like that.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

What kind of response are you expecting? We all wish we knew.

We have all been there and some (hence this post) are still dealing with it. Eventually you'll put in the back of your mind and swear under your breath.

I believe the issue is the constraints. Sometimes forcing rules on users takes away from productivity. This is a bidirectional query software, so if something doesn't add up it isn't going to work. Many time the reasons why they do not add up, makes no sense and are unexplained, but you have to use it regardless. Personally I think RMEP is a band-aid on a band-aid on a band-aid. I wished they could start over, but it isn't going to happen. Keep on keeping on. It gets better as you progress and as the program progresses with every release.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 3
Sandleaz
in reply to: Jrobker

Of course it should be better.  However, you can still do some pretty cool things (after getting REVIT to do what you want it to do).     

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report