Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thoughts on possible features and RB/RSy/RSt

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
unjust
254 Views, 0 Replies

thoughts on possible features and RB/RSy/RSt

so a few things:

one- having done a bit of reading now on the differences between building, systems and structure, i would like to state that splitting them up is annoying at best. I know/work with a number of architects that incorporate various items covered by RSy or RSt into their RB models rather coarsely, but need all of the features, not necessarily to do all of the functions of each program, but to be able to do some rough in type items.

i.e. the design firm may want to spec a few specific steel bits for aesthetic reasons, or the locations of some outlets for practical purposes that the structural firm might consider overkill for purely support purposes, or the ee may not be aware of the need for.

while it's possible to build a family, or get another collaborator to send you a specific one you need and they use, it's a headache. if you dont' need all of the tools you can always turn off that tab.
a more apt distinction may be revit and revit light, i.e. you don't get as many rendering options, or discipline speccific tools (light calculations, ies files, anything other than basic ducts, and plumbing) that could be used on smaller projects by smaller offices, and the full version more targeted to firms that are dealing with more complex projects or multiple dicipline colaborators.

two: i'd love to see a 3d markup feature. i.e. instead of markign up a dwf or a print with red pencil, i can create a 3-d "cloud" --maybe as a sphere, rectangular prism, or object offset (i.e. X" around selected objects) -- that will appear with a pop up note to others that the area is revised, or is in reffered to in a memo, or the like, and have ti show up ideally in any view the cloud appears/cuts into. one coudl sort of do that now, but a preset tool woudl be dandy.

in the same vein it would be nice to have the ability to put a lock out cloud in for other users, either to prevent changes to an area that's outside of their scope, or to prevent another discipline from putting interfering materials in that location. an advisory setting would be nice as well, i.e. "are you sure you want to put the duplex in the swimming pool?" or "this type/family is not authorized for this location, continue anyway?" that could be set at various levels. (in theory, this could eventually incorporate various codes, so that you would be prompted before doing something that violates proximity issues i.e. a door too close to an ada flagged toilet)

i.e. when dropping in an audio device it can have a 12" min offset for other electrical devices so as to prevent interference, whithin which you can't drop another elecrtrically flagged device, or for someone to flag egress paths to keep tables or cubicles out of it.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report