Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol with text (attribute)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jarrad27
2307 Views, 1 Reply

symbol with text (attribute)

I am attempting to create an annotation symbol, that is a hexagon shape, with a 3 character long text attribute in the middle. In can, this would easily be done with a block and an attribute. Can I mimic this process in Revit?

Creating the hexagon, is no probelm. I have tried to load a "label" into my shape, but then I can not edit the text once I load my symbol into my model.

Im assuming its an easy thing to create/fix, it is just eluding me so far.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Jarrad27

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jarrad27

If you have already created your Label in a separate family and have loaded it into the host family, it's an easy couple of steps from that point.

When you created the Label, you also created a Parameter to control the value of the Label. Now, in the host family, create that same Parameter, ensuring that it is at least of the same Parameter Type (i.e. Text, Number, Length).

After that, place an instance of the Label family into the "Ref Level" View, if you have not already done so. Select it and, depending on whether the nested Parameter is an Instance or Type Parameter, you will see it listed under Properties (Instance) or Type Properties (Type). Click on the a small gray button to the right of that Parameter to bring up a list of valid Parameters to link this to. Select the Parameter that you just created.

This will establish a direct link between these Parameters, so whatever value you enter for the host family will carry through to the nested Label.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report