Revit MEP

Message 1 of 5 (221 Views)

show pipe not floor

221 Views, 4 Replies
10-03-2012 11:31 AM

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to show underfloor piping without showing anything else from the floor below.

For example: Create a second floor sheet showing second floor plumbing fixtures and only show the sanitary lines serving the second floor that is located in the first floor ceiling without showing other items from the first floor. 

Thanks,

Murph

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 2 of 5 (218 Views)

Re: show pipe not floor

10-03-2012 11:35 AM in reply to: mmcmurphy

1) You could try using the Plan Region, but it is rather buggy with MEP.

-or-

2) Set the ViewRange/Bottom and ViewDepth to the same value to include the Sanitary pipe below the floor you are on, then TAB select the objects to hide, right-click HideInView.

Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

10-03-2012 11:42 AM in reply to: dennis
This is a good idea however it will take for ever to tab select hide in view by element, (if I do by catagory all my second floor walls hide also), I was wondering if there was a faster way, can you explain plan region to me? -- * Michael McMurphy * *"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." **-Albert Einstein-*
Distinguished Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (196 Views)

10-04-2012 09:24 AM in reply to: mmcmurphy

Look through past messages on showing 2 views on a plot sheet.  Basic intent is to show the upper plan with the architectural walls and piping on and turning the architectural link off in the lower plan (thus turning the walls off on the floor below) and only showing the piping.

Active Contributor
sforsberg215
Message 5 of 5 (190 Views)

10-04-2012 10:08 AM in reply to: mmcmurphy

sounds like you should create (2) two seperate views w/ the VG set the way in each the way you want. Then drag them onto the sheet that you want.

I seperate domestic water from sanitary piping this way.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube