Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedule two shared parameters into one field

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
EddieFromDC
1520 Views, 12 Replies

schedule two shared parameters into one field

Hello there,

I have two heating coils in an air handling unit family. I created two shared parameters "Heating Coil 1" &

"Heating Coil 2". How can I show them in one row in a schedule.

Current format:

s1.jpg

Desired format

S2.jpg:

Can this be done?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: EddieFromDC

This is not directly possible - a schedule will contain only a single parameter per column and a single instance of a family can never be listed twice in the same schedule. There is one method to accomplish this: Create a separate nested family for the heating coil. This family must be Shared and loaded into the AHU family. Don't hesitate to ask if you need a detailed or step-by-step explanation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 13
EddieFromDC
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CaDastrophe,

Thank you for verifying that for me.

>This family must be Shared and loaded into the AHU family.

What do you mean by shared? 

Message 4 of 13
CoreyDaun

In the family editor, under Home tab » Category and Parameters, there is a parameter at the bottom named "Shared". When a shared family is nested within another family that is loaded into a project, each instance of that shared family can be scheduled as an individual element. In order to transfer the desired information from the host family to the nested family, you will have to link the parameters between the nested and host family.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 13
dennis

There are two classifications for parameters in Revit: 1) Shared, 2) Project/Family.  Depended on where you create the parameter from (schedule, family editor or within a project) a Shared Parameter can show up in Schedules or Tags while the Project/Family Parameters can only show up in the Properties palette.  There is a workflow process to create Shared Parameters via a Revit generated TXT file.

And....'yeah that too' to what CADastrphe said.

Message 6 of 13
EddieFromDC

Okay...I'm going to try that. So I should have 3 families?

1. Ahu

2. Heating Coil1

3. Heating Coil2

Should I do this...

"Heating Coil2" loaded into "Heating Coil1" loaded into "Ahu".

or..

"Heating Coil1" & "Heating Coil2" loaded into "Ahu".

Message 7 of 13
CoreyDaun

You only need two families: Heating Coil loaded into AHU. There will be two instances of the Heating Coil family within the AHU family.

Message 8 of 13
EddieFromDC

CaDastrophe,

Thank you! It worked for me...I learned something new today.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Message 9 of 13
KOAsgpp

Good day to all the masters here in revit...

this is my first time to post here i hope this is the correct discussion group or forum for the autodesk revit...

anyway...my question regarding shared parameter in one field?

situation is im trying to make a structural tag in regards to our office standard...and pattern of composition

but i wanted to make a tag in which i just fill the information with myself...not automatic...

but what happens is that everytime i try to put in

example:

parameter 1 - comments

parameter 2 - comments

parameter 3 - comments

*all on edit LABEL during TAG FAMILY editing

then i try to tag another one with the same category...what happens is that it is the same that i tried to tag from the first one...

is there a way..where i could make every tag unique without duplicating..?

i hope somebody can help me...or redirect me to the correct discussion...i just think that the revit edit label parameters are just limited...or maybe ihave to write a new GUID (which i do not know how to) for a new parameter..

Please help...Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: KOAsgpp

It sounds like what you need to use is a Multi-Category Tag. This particular type of Tag can target an element from almost any Category. You will also have to create Shared Parameters to add to your Tag, and then in the Project, you can add those Shared Parameters to all elements at once using 'Project Parameters'. If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask.

Message 11 of 13
KOAsgpp

@CADAS

wow thanks a lot i thought there were no people around...

btw..ok let's say i already setup a multi category tag..

problem is..if i try to tag one door...then it has the same parameter like arranged like this:

THIS ONE is for a DOOR TAG:

1.)height >> (head height) this one working well

2.)name >> (family name) works well

3.)height/level (comments) >> i put this edit label parameter,because revit family tagging has no edit label parameter such as *refer to elevation if any please help me setup this

so my main concern is item #3 i can't seem to find any parameter that would refer to the elevation or level that i setup on the elevation level eg. north south etc.

i hope you can help me please...thank you very much

Message 12 of 13
KOAsgpp

then going back to creating a new annotation symbol

wahhh i can't seem to find the multi category tag FAMILY TEMPLATE...T_T

where can i download the missing templates...i dunno why is it like this in the office we have a autodesk design suite...sigh

Message 13 of 13
CoreyDaun

I've attached the Mutli-Category Tag Template for Revit MEP 2012. I had to zip it in order to attach it - this forum doesn't allow .rft files to be posted.

Try searching this forum about finding and downloading missing templates - I know this has come up before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report