Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit mep 2012 (quantity schedule) does include the fitting in the total length

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
syria89
888 Views, 3 Replies

revit mep 2012 (quantity schedule) does include the fitting in the total length

is there a way to include fittings in the total length of my conduits end to end

i read some posts but i dont understand what to do with the dll they add it

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: syria89

If you create a Conduit Schedule, it will report every instance of Conduit, not including fittings. If you create a Conduit Run Schedule, It reports only those Conduit Elements that belong to the "Conduit without Fittings" System Family.

Now, I don't understand why it would work this way, but say you create two straight conduits with an elbow. You would draw this using Conduit with Fittings, right? Nope, because the Conduit Run Schedules then ignores it. If you set the default fittings for Conduit without Fittings and then draw this same Conduit, the Conduit Run Schedules reports it as one length AND includes the length of the elbow.

You can change the Conduit that you've already drawn to a Type under the Conduits without Fittings System Family and you schedule should work properly.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
syria89
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thanks now it is crystal clean

i was doing soo many test and i didnt catch it

at least now i know i learned somthing new

Message 4 of 4
dennis
in reply to: syria89

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report