Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit Elbow fitting

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
tkinsley
3887 Views, 10 Replies

revit Elbow fitting

I have a problem with and Pipe fitting Elbow that was created in Revit 2014.  The Family flexes correctly and is correct dimensionally but when I use it, the angle that comes off a 45 elbow is slightly off.  I made sure the connectors angle is set to the Angle parameter and the Radius is set to NomRad parameter. It the JPEG you can see the elbow angle is correct but pipe angle is not.  The elbow works correctly at 90 degrees

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkinsley

Can you post a sample Project file that includes this elbow?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
tkinsley
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Attached is a sample project with subject elbow.  Its a long radius welded elbow with OD=Nominal Diameter.  Thanks for your time Corey.

Message 4 of 11
CoreyDaun

I believe the problems is that Revit is using the Family's Origin (intersection of the Origin Reference Planes) as the intersection point for the Pipe, and the location of your Family's Origin does not match what should be the geometric intersection point. You have a parameter called "LenA2" that is controlling the horizontal distance between the vertical Origin Reference Plane and the edge of the bend. I think you'll need to use a separate parameter here to properly calculate this distance.

Compare your Family with the standard Revit generic elbow Family. (See image below).

PipeFittingOrigin.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
tkinsley
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, great catch.  Appreeciate your assistance. Yup all good, changed lookup table paramter from lenA2>>BendRad and then lenA2=BendRad*Tan(Ang/2)

Message 6 of 11
hvacvn1984

Can I help you

Please show me how create a transition piping fitting,it is difficult,you can record video for me.

Message 7 of 11
tkinsley
in reply to: hvacvn1984

I would use the default  "transition - welded - generic" duplicate and modify the length and the fitting outside radius parameters to suite your needs.

Message 8 of 11
hvacvn1984

thank,but I want undestand how create that family.

Message 9 of 11
hvacvn1984

I'm understand,but Some time geometry in catalogue other with in Revit.I
want to create a family geometry following catalogue of manufacture.Can you
help me?

--
Mr. Huynh Van Nhi
Mobile: 0938 280 819
Email:hvacvn1984@gmail.com
Message 10 of 11
tkinsley
in reply to: hvacvn1984

A transition is created using a blend with the top and base set to parameters for the two Pipe outside diameters.  The length should be set to another parameter.  Reference lines are then added for course and medium detail levels.  Add pipe connectors to the blend faces and set to Nominal diameter 1 and 2.  I would also add a material parameter and set that to the blend material to easily change.

Message 11 of 11
hvacvn1984

Why transition defaut of Revit use four the blend?I'm truth crazy with how
create transition of family defaut.You can help me make a video guide step
of step how create trasition family.Because I want to create family follow
catalogue of manufacture.Thanks you very much.

. Huynh Van Nhi
Mobile: 0938 280 819
Email:hvacvn1984@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report