Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rectangular duct elbow fitting

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gyulas
5288 Views, 7 Replies

rectangular duct elbow fitting

Hi all!

I have an issue while i use rectangular radius elbow in revit MEP 2012.

If the width and the height of duct is equal, it works properly, i can turn up and down with my duct.

But if the dimensions are different, it won't make any connections in vertical direction, and i get an error message (see attached).

I can rotate my elbow to the right direction, but i cannot make connection to my riser duct.

Any advice would be life saver,

Thank for help,

Gyula

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gyulas

Are you drawing the horizontal and vertical duct and then trying to add the elbow between? You will find better success if you draw the duct run in a section view, so that the elbow is placed automatically.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, gyulas!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
gyulas
in reply to: CoreyDaun

First i drew the horizontal part of my duct. After i added the elevation where i would like to arrive. It did not work.

I have tried it in section view, but the solution was the same.

Elbow fitting was from the revit library, and we have started to work in an empty project file (imperial).

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

Does the Duct Type have a default elbow defined? If you just draw some Duct in an "L" shape (within the same command, two clicks), does it automatically create the elbow? Depending on the template the project was started with, the Duct Type Properties might have to be modified.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
gyulas

I defined the elbow type, it works well if i draw it horizontally.

But, i think i haven't set any project template before i start.

I have only defined the elbow fitting type. Could it be the reason of this issue that i haven't defined the other fiting types?

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

This is possible. In the first example that your images depict, Revit might be looking for a Transition. Load in and define a default fitting for Tee, Transition, and Union to see if that affects the situation.

Message 7 of 8
gyulas

It works well in this way. 🙂

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8
tshudeep

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report