Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-host multiple ceiling hosted family

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
EddieFromDC
1533 Views, 6 Replies

re-host multiple ceiling hosted family

Hello,

Is there a way to re-host multiple families at one time. I've been copying to clipboard

& "Aligned to Current View" air terminals on to several floors that are typical.

I can re-host the terminals one at the time. But I want to do it all in one shot or select

more than one. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

As long as you are dealing with elements that are all hosted by the same new host, select them, click Edit Work Plane, choose Pick Plane and select the new host.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 7

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. I did what you instructed. They linked but it's showing elevation

from the level's ceiling where I  copied it from. I want it to show the  elevation of the level

where I paste it. Can that be done?

Message 4 of 7

What version of Revit are you using? You want to copy from one floor to other floors or do you want to re-host elements that have become non-associated?

To replicate a layout on a floor above, Copy to Clipboard and Paste Aligned to Selected Levels usually works as long as there is a valid host in exactly the same location/elevation.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 7

Steve,

>What version of Revit are you using?

Were using MEP 2014.

>You want to copy from one floor to other floors or do you want to re-host elements that have become non-associated?

Yes to those two scenarios.

>To replicate a layout on a floor above, Copy to Clipboard and Paste Aligned to Selected Levels

>usually works as long as there is a valid host in exactly the same location/elevation

Yes it works. Yes there is a valid host in exactly the same location/elevation.

But when you look at the properties of the family (ceiling hosted air terminal) it's hosted but elevation

is from the level where it was copied from....Level 1 families elevation reads 9'. Copied to level 2. Elevation

of families will read 18' not 9'. Strange right?

Message 6 of 7

Yes, I can reproduce what you describe in 2014 too. It is odd that it doesn't recognize the different level relationship.

You can fix the relationship but it takes some extra work. Select the terminals and Pin them. Then use Pick New and select the ceiling. The pinned terminals won't change location and they'll report the correct elevation again.

Message 7 of 7

Steve,

That worked!..Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report