Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Revit Server" technology / need opinions

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
313 Views, 0 Replies

"Revit Server" technology / need opinions

Hello,

Have any of you guys used "Revit Server" available through the subscription service? I have not switched to revit at this point but I am being asked to look into it. Our company wants to go the BIM route which is great, if it works. I know for architecture it is a no brainier, revit is amazing. I am in the piping side of things. I work for a HVAC construction contractor, we only do piping, no duct. I currently build a model using ACAD with a CADPIPE add on. This set up enables me to run out 3d piping systems over the arch background. We then combine all the DWG models and someone who works for the GC will clash everything with Navis. Everything is sent through email or uploaded to an FTP site.

My question is this, how many of you are using a linked model over the internet? What has been your experience working with revit and sharing the files? Are you sending the files as I described above or are you using the "Revit Server"? If everything is in house are you guys using a single rvt. file? As far as I know revit does not use more than two processors unless you are rendering. If that is true at what size does the model start crapping out? I cannot see one rvt. model file with all the trades saving to it not becoming sluggish, to say the least. Thanks in advance for any input.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report