Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with export in DWG format

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
524 Views, 4 Replies

problem with export in DWG format

Hello everyone,

I have a project in Revit 2012. There are new air ducts that connect to the existing one. Everything looks good such as existing ducts are made with dashed line. However, when I export the file in the DWG format, everything is ok except fittings. They are in continuous line type and impossible to change the style. What to do to solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Luc

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AnnaOscarson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Luc,

Is it possible to send me a copy of the project so that we can take a look at it?

If yes, please send it to anna.oscarson@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Anna

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: AnnaOscarson

Hi Anna,

Of course madame. I will send you the DWG file as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Message 4 of 5
JHeilman258

Well Luc, I sincerely hope you have solved this problem by now. It doesn't look like an actual solution was ever posted even though it's marked as solved. So the Autodesk empoyee had to request that you send the file? Genius! She could have just told you to:

(psst... solution up ahead)

add a layer modifier to the export setting to include {phasing}.

(psst.. solution is above)

We learnt this the hard way, as did many I presume. I'll take this time to thank the Autodesk peeps out there for not telling anybody we would have to do this when 2012 came out. 2011 {phased} automatically. So, thanks! One vent down, ∞ to go.

and that is how you post a solution, Anna.

Message 5 of 5
AnnaOscarson

I am very sorry that I missed to post the solution to this post, it was not my intention.

The problem in this case was not related to layer modifiers. The issue was linked to the property “linetype generation”, which was incorrectly set on the exported block during export. The workaround was to set the property "linetype generation" to "enabled”, then linetype inside the block displayed correctly. The issue was solved in Revit 2013.

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report