Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*plumbing, *fire, etc identity data?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DanetteErnst2982
723 Views, 3 Replies

*plumbing, *fire, etc identity data?

What are the *HVAC, *Plumbing, and *Fire Protection check boxes for in pipe properties?  I noticed that there are filters for these parameters.  The duplicate mark error is driving me crazy.  Can these parameters be used in some way to keep plumbing pipes from constantly (and I mean every pipe) taking the same Mark as HVAC pipes?  Our plumbing is drawn on a separate workset for visibility control.  Is this why the duplicate mark warning keeps showing?

junk.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Those Parameters are not default Revit Parameters - they must have been added as Project Parameters. Anyhow, these would not be the cause of the duplicate Mark values. Project Worksharing is more likely the cause. Whenever you create a new element (regardless of Category or Type), the elements is assigned the next highest number in the Project.

Say two users create Local files for a Project, in which the highest Mark value is 7. Now User #1 creates a Pipe, so Revit assigns it a Mark value of 8. Now User #2 creates a Pipe before User #1 sychronizes. His Pipe will be assigned the next Mark value of 8, since it is yet 'unaware' that User #1 already used that Mark value.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

Oh CADastrophe, you are right as always.  The parameters are in our company template.  The parameters and filters were set up to control visibility of equipment and pipe before systems were developed to the point that they are in 2013.  Additionally, I was sure that I was the only person modeling pipe today, but not so.  Therefore, the duplicate mark warnings also make sense.

Message 4 of 4

I just thought of a rudimentary method that might help you avoid this error. Do this every time you Synchronize with Central (or create a new Local file) to the very first element you create afterwards: Manually change the Mark Value to add 1000 or some other high number to it. That way, your Local file will start counting from that number whilst the other user continues from the original count.

The above would *theoretically* work very well with two users (only one of them adds the 1000 to Mark), but if you have more than two, then the error will probably still crop up unless other users take similar action. Also, note that the above is unnecessary if the users aren't working simultaneously.

Edit: I'm not entirely correct: The Mark Value is actually counted separately between different Categories of Elements, contrary to my statement above:

"(regardless of Category or Type)"

In light of this, the above might not work as well as I hoped...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report