Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

override system graphic overrides with a view setting?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
russellvee
859 Views, 3 Replies

override system graphic overrides with a view setting?

Just wondering if anyone knows of a workaround to override system graphic overrides, other than selecting each element? For example, I have the cold water piping system set to use a dash dot line type, which works great for 1 line piping. However, in piping sections with 2 line piping and high detail, the dash dot linetypes just get confusing. It also looks bad when connected fixtures becomes dashed. Is there a way around this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: russellvee

do you want to have dashed lines only to main pipes and not fittings?

If yes you can fo this using visibility graphics>filters>Edit/New and create or modify your filter in a way that in the categories section only the pipes are selected not the fittings and accessories

Cheers,

M

Message 3 of 4
russellvee
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

There was definitely a reason I switched from using filters to using the system level overrides, but I can't remember what it was now. I think maybe it was just easier than setting up the filters in every new view and section cut. If that's how everyone else does it, I guess I'll go back to using filters on the next project. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
RadeB
in reply to: russellvee

I had same issue but by dash-dot lines in 3D view.

Solution: I have added already exsisting filters for domestic hot and cold water and then override linetype for those filters to solid lines in isometric 3d view.

That way filter overrides piping system line type.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report