Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
davidwilliamedwards
Message 1 of 4 (678 Views)

multi-circuit homerun

678 Views, 3 Replies
11-09-2011 02:16 PM

How do I show a multi-circuit homerun originating from one electrical device with multiple electrical connectors?
I have figured out how to add multiple electrical connectors to a device, and how to connect those to separate circuits on the panel. I am lost at the point of getting the single homerun to acknowledge the multiple circuits.

David William Edwards

David William Edwards
Senior Architectural Designer / BIM Manager
Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (656 Views)

Re: multi-circuit homerun

11-11-2011 05:57 AM in reply to: davidwilliamedwards

The parameters and information from secondary connectors and beyond cannot be tagged. There have been many who have brought up this issue. I would strongly recommend reporting this with Autodesk Feedback/Support.

There is one possible workaround, though. You may not be able to tag the element, but you can tag the wire coming off of the secondary connector. If you are not showing wiring, you can draw a piece of wire and then make it extremely small, so it does not shot up on the drawings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Distinguished Contributor
thewrz
Message 3 of 4 (520 Views)

02-28-2012 07:27 PM in reply to: davidwilliamedwards

I'm trying to do the same thing. Although multiple connecters per device probably isn't a good idea if you want to have accurate loads on your circuits.

It's weird Revit can't do this...

Message 4 of 4 (514 Views)

02-29-2012 05:54 AM in reply to: thewrz

Our issue with this stems from multi-ballast light fixtures, with one ballast as normal lighting and the other as emergency to a separate EM panel.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube