Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi-circuit homerun

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davidwilliamedwards
1679 Views, 3 Replies

multi-circuit homerun

How do I show a multi-circuit homerun originating from one electrical device with multiple electrical connectors?
I have figured out how to add multiple electrical connectors to a device, and how to connect those to separate circuits on the panel. I am lost at the point of getting the single homerun to acknowledge the multiple circuits.

David William Edwards

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The parameters and information from secondary connectors and beyond cannot be tagged. There have been many who have brought up this issue. I would strongly recommend reporting this with Autodesk Feedback/Support.

There is one possible workaround, though. You may not be able to tag the element, but you can tag the wire coming off of the secondary connector. If you are not showing wiring, you can draw a piece of wire and then make it extremely small, so it does not shot up on the drawings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

I'm trying to do the same thing. Although multiple connecters per device probably isn't a good idea if you want to have accurate loads on your circuits.

It's weird Revit can't do this...

in reply to: adam.jw

Our issue with this stems from multi-ballast light fixtures, with one ballast as normal lighting and the other as emergency to a separate EM panel.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report