Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing ceiling

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
donied
3499 Views, 6 Replies

missing ceiling

If I create a ceiling in MEP in the default Mech View I can see the ceiling in the default Mech reflected Ceiling plan. If I create my own reflected ceiling plan I can't see the ceiling even though ceilings are on in the VG settings and the view range is the same as the Mech default reflected ceiling plan.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: donied

Check, the View's 'Underlay Orientation' (under the View's Properties) - it may be set to "Plan" instead of "Reflected Ceiling Plan".

In Revit MEP 2012 (for whatever reason), any new Reflected Ceiling Plans are set to "Plan" by default. This has been corrected in Revit MEP 2013.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
donied

Thanks. That worked

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I'm have a simliar problem. I believe I've followed the correct steps but no dice. I'm trying to get the ceiling plan to show up on my mechanical Floor Plans. The ceiling plan is from a linked architectural file. On the RCP, the ceiling shows up as expected. When I set the Underlay to the associated level, and the Underlay Orientation to RCP, I still do not see the ceiling pattern. I've checked the view ranges. Ceilings are turned on in VG. I'm baffled and frustrated. Any clues would be great!

View Range

Top: Associated level 12' 6"

Cut plane: Associated level 4' 0" (need to see walls, windows, doors)

Bottom: Associated level 0' 0"

View Depth: Associated level 0' 0"

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

That's because when you specify the level for the Underlay, you may only select a Level from your model. Even if your level and the architect's are both named "Level 1", it will only Underlay YOUR "Level 1".

In order to display the RCP from the linked Project, you will either have to re-create the view and a Reflected Ceiling Plan (which may have negative results, such as inverted rise symbols), OR you can create a separate View that display only the architect's RCP. You can then overlay this View on top of your Floor Plan on the Sheet View.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, itangcobalt!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I understand and agree with your first point.

I tried creating a regular RCP and another one with everything turned off except ceilings (which worked as expected). But when underlaying either of these RCPs onto the plan view, and make sure ceilings are on and Underlay Orientation is set to RCP, still no success. Am I missing something? Maybe this is just something Revit cannot handle, although I've seen in a few threads that it has worked. All I want is for the ceiling pattern to show up!

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

What I meant by "overlay this View on top of your Floor Plan on the Sheet View" is to Create a "ceiling-only" View, go the Sheet View, attach that View, and literally place in on top of the Plan Viewport. They should line up very easily.

If you want to work with the grid showing, you will can create a specific RCP plan to work on -OR- perform the above described procedure and work through the active Viewport. Note that you can select the Grid-Only Viewport and hide that element. This hides the extraneous View Tag and prevents that Viewport from being selectable, but allows it to be printed. That will prevent accidental activation of the wrong Viewport.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report