Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make 'Repeating Detail' print (and display) UNDERNEATH model elements

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dtiemeyer
553 Views, 6 Replies

make 'Repeating Detail' print (and display) UNDERNEATH model elements

We've copied in architects fire rating lines which they created with repeating details. We want them to print grey. The problem is, they print OVER our ducts/diffusers/etc. How can I make these element print beneath our MEP model elements?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I can think of two possible means of accomplishing this: a.) under V/G Overrides, set the Transparency of the Detail Items Category to 100%, or b.) separate the Fire Ratings lines into another View and then overlap the Viewports (with the "Fire Ratings" Viewport inserted first so it is "underneath").

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Setting the transparency to 100% causes it to not print at all. I just want the gray to go under the black.

Your second idea will probably work, but its more of a hack than a solution.

Autodesk, is there any 'Draw Order' for setting detail items under model elements?

Message 4 of 7

It is a known issue with Revit 2013 and Detail Lines. In Revit 2014, you can select detail lines and bring to back for draw Order.

For Revit 2013 you need to group them then you will be able to use Bring to back for draw order.

IF not you may do an override with light gray.

I hope this help

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 7

Alaaeldin,

Making these elements a group did not change the behavior. The Send to Back still does not work. Please UNMARK the solution - the problem is not solved! And how will light gray make any difference over dark gray? It will not, it still prints over the black lines of my ducts, etc.

Message 6 of 7

I did more testing and some reseach in the Revit help to see if it is as designed or not.

I was mistaken, Draworder works only between detail elements and lines.

In this link Detail Lines it explain that will drawn over the model and it could be bring back if you convert it to model lines.

Then in Type of Views for Detailing it says that the 2 main types of views you can create for detailing: detail views and drafting views.  

Revit behave as designed.

I think the best way to insert you detail underneath the model;

open New project, insert the detail group in question then export it in DWG. open in Autocad do some cleanup Purging and then save it.

In your Revit Project, Insert the dwg with the import CAD feature

import cad.png

It wil go underneath the model.

You could also Contact the Autodesk development Team by sending a wishlist for what you like to have in the futur Revit Version.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 7 of 7

Alaaeldin,

Thank you! The suggestion to export to AutoCAD and link back in worked well. I will send a message to the development team.

Dustin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report