Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock a line to both reference planes in revit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
maurozcoe
3412 Views, 2 Replies

lock a line to both reference planes in revit

I want to lock a diagonal line to both reference planes CFB and CLR in a family. the line must stay in daigonal position because i want to add angle parameters. someone can help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: maurozcoe

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

If you wish for the endpoint of a Line to be constrained to a Reference Plane, you can activate the Align command, click on the Reference Plane, and then on the endpoint of the Line. You may have to hit TAB while hovering the cursor over the endpoint until a bold dot appears.

Angle constraints can be tricky in Revit, so if you would like more guidance, then explain a little more about what you are trying to accomplish.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
maurozcoe
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It works! Thanks!

Is very tricky, but i got it.

I'm trying to make a Pipe Fittings family in Revit Mep. I follow a kind of tutorial but sometimes i have to search a lot how the things works in REVIT.

If you want wat i'm trying to do check this out.

http://rtcevents.net/rtc2012us/materials/S11%20Creating%20pipe%20fittings%20in%20Revit%20MEP-Jose%20...

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report