Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

length parameter not showing in multicategory schedule

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
revitworkbench
2854 Views, 1 Reply

length parameter not showing in multicategory schedule

Hi, so I created a new generic model line base family which has a Length parameter already in it. It seems hard coded because I cannot delete or modify it. I shared the family and nested it into another family where I set it to the appropriate length. Then I loaded the host family which is also shared into the project. I scheduled it, but the length parameter of the nested family does not show up in the schedule. My multicategory schedule currently has 2 options for length, but neither one of them show any thing. Any Ideas what I am missing? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

While the default Length Parameter is indeed hard-coded into the Line-Based Families, it is not accessible to Schedules in the Project environment. The solution is to create a Shared Parameter for use in Schedules and/or Tags, and then set the formula of said Parameter in the Family as "=Length".

Alternatively, you could also set the formula of the hard-coded Length Parameter to "=[SharedParameterName] " in order to preserve to ability to manipulate the Length though a Schedule. Revit will maintain a bidirectional relationship between the Parameters, so you should not lose any of the function of the parametric Line behaviour due to the Length Parameter being driven by a formula.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report