Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label orientation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bvm76
1919 Views, 3 Replies

label orientation

how can i retain the orientation of the label of my sysmbol (i.e label should not rotate with the sysmbol)? Please see attached.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bvm76

This has been a known issue since the beginning. Currently (as of Revit 2014), Revit is unable to adjust to rotation of embedded elements of vertically hosted families to accommodate to the View. There are two options to bypass this limitation:

1. Use Tags instead of an embedded Label. Tags will, of course, remain readable to the current View. The disadvantage of this method is that you will have to remember to Tag the element in every View in which is it need to be, creating the possibility that it can be missed.

2. Modify the embedded Generic Annotations so that they can be manually adjusted. Two possible techniques are:

a.) Place 4 instances of the Generic Annotation in the Family rotated at the cardinal directions and key each of their Visibilities to a corresponding Yes/No Instance Parameter.

b.) Create rotational constraints for the Generic Annotation, which can be tedious, tricky, and trying.

**Note that Revit is not very good at handling the rotation of Text and Labels cleanly. As a result, I have created special Generic Annotations that represent the alphabetical characters as line work, in lieu of using actual text.

Attached is an example of each technique (a & b) for #2 above.

This is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed, so I would advise using the following link (which it frequently provided by Autodesk personnel here) to report this issue with Autodesk Product Support.

Autodesk Product Support

"The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

many thanks for the help.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 4 of 4
renny.rodriguez
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi, the example B is exactly what I need, but I don't know how to create it from scratch, is there any video or tutorial about to create it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report