Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping different pipe types hidden in different views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RJK42
6565 Views, 4 Replies

keeping different pipe types hidden in different views

I am responsible for desigining HVAC, plumbing, and sprinklers for the project that I am currently working on.  Regarding pipes, I created different piping systems for each one.  For my HVAC I created hydronic piping, and condesate.  Plumbing, I created, sanitary, vent, domestic.  Sprinkler piping is sprinkler piping.  

When I finished desging the domestic side of the project, I started drawing sprinkler piping.  But doing so, I have to hide all the plumbing first before I start drafting, and once I draft the sprinkler piping, I have to go back in my plumbing and select the sprinkler piping by selecting all sprinkler piping in all vies then hide them.  Then once I get in to hydronic piping, I'll have to hid all my plumbing, and sprinklers.  Again, once finshed with the hydronic side, I'll hae to go in each view of the sprinkler discipline, hide all my hrdronic and condensate and do the same for the domestic.  

This is the most tedious thing I have ever done in Revit.  Is there a better way??  I want to be able to set the views so specific pipe types, and systems do not show up so I don't have to constanctly jump from view to view hidding pipe.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
craigjonnson
in reply to: RJK42

One method is to use filters. Once you have assigned filters to your views, you can then create a view template that can be applied to all views of these types. I am Assuming that you have set up your piping systems correctly, but i will briefly explain this part too. Out of the box there are Piping systems of Domestic hot and Cold Water, Fire Protection Dry FP Other, FP Pre-Action, FP Wet and so on. So the sanitary pipes that you have created, should be made from the Sanitary pipe system and the same classification, Domestic water created with the system classification DOmestic water etc etc..

OK, to create a filter enter VV for your Visual Graphics. One of the tabs is called filters. Again OOTB there are some examples, but if you create a new one, and name it Sanitary for eaxmple. Next select the categories you require, and select the filter rules system classification > Contains > Sanitary. As shown in the image below.

Filter Snippet.JPG

After clicking OK and electing the filters you need. You can turn off thier visibility. This will remove the need for hiding individual objects. These filters can be used to change the colour of pipe systems too. Read up within the help file about this and assigning a view template to a view. This should give you all the answers you need.

Hope this helps

Craig J

Message 3 of 5
RJK42
in reply to: craigjonnson

I turned on VV, click the filters tabe, edit new, created, Sprinkler
piping, filter list set to piping, checked box piping, filter by
classification - equals - fire protection wet ( all my sprinklers are wet)
clicked ok, added Sprinkler piping in my filter list in visibility
graphics, unchecked the visibility box, clicked ok. Sprinkler piping still
shows up in my HVAC prints. Not sure what to do.

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
gagnong
in reply to: RJK42

When you say it is not working do you mean some of the piping shows like fittings and sprinklers?  If so you have to select them to along with the piping.  You should also check to make sure you have no typos where you used equal in the filter.  Antoher thing to remember is that the filter is by views.  

Greg Gagnon

Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst

Message 5 of 5
RJK42
in reply to: gagnong

It works now that I checked all the pipes, pipe accessories, fittings...etc.  There is one view where it is not working at all and not sure why.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report