Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import symbols visibility

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EddieFromDC
8709 Views, 1 Reply

import symbols visibility

Hello,

An archtect sent us his model without the autocad dwgs he linked in. But if I open the views, the dwgs are there and are listed as "Import symbols". If I go to "Manage Links->CAD Formats" the status of the dwgs are "Not Found".

If I remove the cad dwgs the "import symbols" will disappear for the views.

When I linked the arch model to my model the "import symbols" don't appear. Even if do by "Linked View" the "import symbols" (cad dwgs) don't show. I ended up doing a "copy/paste". from the arch's model to my model. The cad dwgs are parts of the building that's not part the scope of work. They might not be modeling it.

Is there a better way aside from cut & paste or requesting the cad files?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: EddieFromDC

The imports should still be showing up if set to "By Linked View" (tested in Revir 2013). Anyway, I really  think you need to get the CAD files so that they can be Linked in lieu of Imported. What we've been doing here is Linking the architect's CAD files directly into our model at the same location that the architect has them. That serves two purposes for us - 1. it's easier for us to control visibility (via Workset), and 2. If the architect makes changes to the imported DWG, we can go to Manage Links and use "Reload From..." to target the updated CAD.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report