Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a space between two levels as shown in picture

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
voltarine
2776 Views, 8 Replies

how to create a space between two levels as shown in picture

i want to handle two spaces located in two successive levels as one space as they part of one big room so that the hvac analysis acheived correctly .. spaces are shown in picture

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: voltarine

In the Floor's Properties, "Room Bounding" would have to be disabled. If you are referencing a Linked Architectural Model, then you will have to either coordinate with them, or open the Linked Project and make the modifications yourself. If this is done, then both of the areas could not exist as different Rooms or have separate Room Numbers since they are now the same Room.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
voltarine

Excuse me iam a newbi in revit but iam trying to learn

so if iam in level 1 i can only define this area as a space with upper level 2 and offset 0

space 1

and when iam at level 2 i can define the area shown as a space with upper level 3 and offset 0

space 2

the question here how to handle the whole volume (which is space 1 and space 2)  surrounded by red line as one hvac space (one big room)

combining space 1 with space 2

taking in account that adding space 1 and space 2 to one zone doesn't solve this problem as i read in another site

"The HVAC Zones have a different purpose and are not meant for band-aiding spaces together. The intent of an HVAC Zone is to combine spaces that are to be served by the same HVAC unit (VAV, AHU, etc.). The Spaces define the load characteristics (people, lighting, plug loads, envelope loads) while the HVAC Zones define the conditioning equipment for the corresponding spaces"

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

Attached is an example Project (Revit 2014); it consists of a large room and an open loft on the east and west sides. The loft on the west side is considered part of the same space as the rest of the room while the loft on the east will remain independent.

SpaceElevation.JPG

In the case of your image where you have shown that the loft area space has a larger footprint than the main area, create the Space on the loft's Level and then adjust the Space's Base Offset so it reaches down to the first Level. A crude example also exist for this in the attach Project file.

BTW - Welcome to the forums, and kudos on a well authored post, with the images and all.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
voltarine
in reply to: CoreyDaun

first thanks for your reply .

i use revit 2013 and i can't open the attached file so if u can save it as a revit 2013 version i will be gratefull for u

then

when i created the Space on the loft's Level and then adjust the Space's Base Offset so it reaches down to the first Level then the created space can't

include the room under roof as shown

uselected room

Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

Unfortunately, one cannot simply save a Revit file to a previous version. So, it looks like only part of the Floor should be acting like a boundary to the Space. This means that the Floor of the loft must be made with two separate Floor elements (which can be Joined later), with the overhang having "Room Bounding" disabled. See the attached example Project (Revit 2013).

CombinedSpaceSection.JPG

Message 7 of 9
voltarine

many thanks bro ... sorry i will ask for last thing..

what is the simplest way to split the floor to seperate floor elements

Message 8 of 9
CoreyDaun

I don't think one can just split the Floor. What I would do is edit the Floor boundary, draw the Sketch Line(s) to define along where you want to split the Floor. Now select ALL of the Sketch Lines and Copy (to clipboard), and then Delete/Trim away the Sketch Lines to create the first half of the Floor, and hit "Finish". Now select that Floor and activate the tool "Create Similar" and just paste the Sketch Lines to the Same Place, and Delete/Trim as required to create the second half. Afterwards, use the Join Geometry tool to make the two Floors appear as one.

Message 9 of 9
voltarine

i got the full idea ... you saved me thanks alot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report