Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you change the default detail level in a revit section?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
revitworkbench
4551 Views, 6 Replies

how do you change the default detail level in a revit section?

How do you change the default detail level in a revit section? Im guessing you can some how do it in view templates, but I forget how to assign one as the default? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

By default, I think that all new Section Views are set to Detail Level: Coarse, even if created with the Create Similar tool sourced by a higher detail level Section View.

I was confident that you'd be able to create a "Detail Level Only" View Template and assign it to be applied to all new Section Views, but I think you've come across a bug. In my tests in Revit MEP 2013, I created a Section View Template that only controls Detail Level, which was set to Fine. I assigned it was the default View Template to apply to new Section Views (via Type Properties of a Section View) and enabled the option to retain the dependency on that template. The New Section STILL came in at Detail Level: Coarse, but now the option was locked as such, even though the View Template was set to Detail Level: Fine.

So, bottom line, I thought there would be a way to accomplish this, but apparently not! See if you can confirm this odd behavior...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

yeah, I am getting the same thing as you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

What I do is after I create a section & set the properties I just copy it. This way it retains the same properties & I do not have to change it everytime.

Message 5 of 7

For anyone still wondering how to change the default detail level for newly created views within your project follow these steps.

Under the 'Manage' tab select the "Additional Settings" drop down. Select the option that is titled "Detail Levels" and adjust the scales to appear under whatever detail level you want them to be generated at for newly created views.

Message 6 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: jwakefieldMM4B2

The question is about detail level by view type (section), not by scale. Assigning a view template overrides the setting that you are referring to.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7
johna

Not sure if this is what your talking about, but this is how i do it, still involves creating your view Template but assigning to a Section Type

Section.JPG

Criticize but don't hate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report