Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I model this part in a rfa file?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
amarakoonge
280 Views, 12 Replies

how can I model this part in a rfa file?

An image of the part has been attached here

Edited by: amarakoonge on Jan 2, 2009 10:59 AM Edited by: amarakoonge on Jan 2, 2009 11:12 AM
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sschwartz
in reply to: amarakoonge

Have you read through the tutorials, looked for the "part" (does this part even have a name?) in AutoDesk Seek, or AUGI or anywhere else?

Did you look for the "part" in your OTB library?
Message 3 of 13
amarakoonge

Thanks for your response
even now i dont know how can i build it in a rfa file...its mean what operation I can use to create this parts.(extrution, sweep, blend or sweep blend). which poeration can I use to model this part by keeping that shape and how? if u have the rfa file, pls send it to me.
i am waiting
thank you very much for the consideration again

your faithfully
R.S. Amarakoon Edited by: amarakoonge on Jan 3, 2009 5:14 AM
Message 4 of 13
sschwartz

I don't have it. I am electrical. As I said before, look for it on Autodesk Seek, and look through the tutorials.
Message 5 of 13
aashisd

Amar, check out this attached .rfa. Will this work for you? It is basic though.
It has been created by 'sweep & blend' option available in the Revit MEP 2009 version.

Ashish,
Message 6 of 13
amarakoonge

Thanks for your consideration

yes you almost correct, but the problem is i want to keep some requirement in the model. you can see it in my model.bmp picture. which is I have sent you here. i want to keep that edge in linear when see from top. when see from the front your model appear is correct.(see the pic)

i am waiting
thank you very much for the consideration again
Message 7 of 13
sschwartz

Perhaps you should try and make adjustments to the file you asked for yourself? I would suggest saving the file someone else found for you as a different name (like Test.rfa), then read the tutorials, and then try to see if you can do this for yourself. If you need to make any further rfa files somewhere in the future, this could be a greatly beneficial piece of knowledge. If the test.rfa file doesn't work then you still have the original. Edited by: sschwartz@wolfwineman.com on Jan 6, 2009 9:12 AM
Message 8 of 13
amarakoonge

thanks

how do i make family (model in .rfa) by keeping the edge linear which is showing in my pic, when the we modeling the part.(mainly the lower part of the model)
Message 9 of 13
amarakoonge

thanks

how do i make family (model in .rfa) by keeping the edge linear which is showing in my pic, when the we modeling the part.(mainly the lower part of the model)
Message 10 of 13
aashisd

Amar, is it something like this ?

Ashish
Message 11 of 13
amarakoonge

Wow
ye ye

thanks a lot aashisd
u got me dear, that is the part.
can i have the .rfa file pls....
i am waiting..........

bye

amarakoonge
Message 12 of 13
aashisd

Here it is...
Enjoy... 😉

Ashish
Message 13 of 13
amarakoonge

hey ashish,

ashish, extremely sorry i couldn't send this image to you first. very sorry for that.so can u try this. how do we keep these dimensions for the model.(Dimensions as variable parameters).

you may try and reply pls... what ever the result you take. I have waste lot of time to build this model . I tried it with your model too but wasn't possible.

I waiting what ever the result of you.

thanks
amarakoonge

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report