Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with duct fittings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
armandorefu
313 Views, 1 Reply

help with duct fittings

Hi, I'm new in MEP i have to create a fitting with an specific angle, but I don't know how to edit de duct templae, to make the dimensions parametrical, for it to adapt to my duct system.

Also I'd like to know which options I have to make a three-way fitting, because my Mechanical Engineer, e-mailed me the detail in CAD and I'm looking forward to model it in Revit. I'm annexing a picture of the detail.

mechanical.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asommer
in reply to: armandorefu

When drawing duct, Revit will place the elbows automatically, based on the settings within that type of duct.  You edit the duct type, and select "Routing Preferences".  you can then choose what type of elbow to use.  You cannot select specific angles for the fittings, for that depends on the angle you draw the next duct from the first.  the fitting will be automatically placed.

As for the 3-way fitting, You will have to load a family in from the Revit library ("Insert" Tab, "Load Family").   There are many different types of fittings, you just have to try some.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report